“Intelligent Buildings and Cybersecurity”
($150,000 Research Project)
“Suffice it to say that given the ever increasing level of malicious cyber activity, Schneider Electric views understanding and addressing the cyber security needs and expectations of intelligent buildings customers, as well as all the markets we serve as being very important. This study will help to provide us that understanding.”
-- Michael Pyle, CSSLP, Schneider Electric, Partner Business, VP Cyber Security
“Commercial building systems are becoming more intelligent, interconnected and data-rich participants in the Internet of Things. As such, Philips views very seriously the future potential threat of cyberattacks targeting this new intelligent-building domain. This Landmark Study is perfectly timed to give the most up-to-date insight on the state of the cybersecurity industry, the nature of potential attacks and mitigating strategies to be considered. Philips looks forward to participating in this critical body of research.”
-- Mark Pacelle, Sr. Director, Open Innovation, North America
The CABA Board of Directors and the CABA Intelligent & Integrated Buildings Council (IIBC) have selected the next CABA Landmark Research Study to be “Intelligent Buildings and Cybersecurity”. What steps has your organization taken to ensure that your company is safe from cybersecurity attacks?
"According to a benchmark study of 350 companies spanning 11 countries, the average consolidated total cost of a data breach is $3.8 million."
The Ponemon Institute Cost of Data Breach Study: Global Analysis, sponsored by IBM
This Intelligent Buildings and Cybersecurity study will examine the state of the cybersecurity and intelligent buildings industry, how to prevent cybersecurity attacks, how to deal with and manage cybersecurity attacks, the future direction of cybersecurity in intelligent buildings and specific recommendations going forward. Some of the topics that will be covered include: cybersecurity trends, evaluation of cybersecurity risks and solutions, inhibitors to industry growth, risk benefit analysis, how cybersecurity impacts the adoption of connected devices and services, business case analysis for cybersecurity and specific recommendations to the industry.
View the webinar presentation
Download the prospectus
We recently announced this CABA Landmark Research project and already these CABA members have committed to fund the study:
• A research prospectus was developed and a request for proposal (RFP) was sent to 26 CABA members that undertake research, Compass Intelligence was awarded the project by the Steering Committee.
• This research project is expected to start in late June/2015 and will be completed in approximately 13 weeks.
• The final deliverables are valued at approx. $150,000 US.
BENEFITS AND PARTICIPATION FEES
Diamond Level ($5K US):
• Have your organization’s name and logo on the Final Report cover, PPT Deck and promotional material.
• Receive the Final Report and Executive Summary in text and PPT Deck (in electronically and print form).
• The complete Report and PPT Deck can be shared with anyone within your organization. The Executive Summary (Text and PPT Deck) can be shared with customers and strategic partners.
• There will be a final 90 minute webinar where Compass Intelligence will review the major findings and any number of your staff can join this webinar.
• Receive the raw research datasets gathered during this research project.
• A free 30 day subscription of their entire “Compass Intelligence M2M, IoT & Connected Devices” Research Library (about 50 reports). Their annual subscription is $30,000 US and every Report will be available to be downloaded once the final project webinar is held.
Emerald Level ($10K US), all benefits of the Diamond Level, plus:
• Have the opportunity to be place a maximum of three (3) people on the Steering Committee to finalize the methodology and final deliverables.
• Work with CABA, Compass Intelligence and the other funding organizations through regular scheduled meetings that will be handled by conference calls.
• Receive a special one (1) hour webinar specifically for your organization after the research is complete. Any number of participants from your organization can participate in this webinar.
Ruby Level ($15K US), all benefits of the Emerald Level, plus:
• Each participant at the Ruby Level can provide (optional) a case study related to this research topic. The case study is typically supplied by the funder, but in some instances the research firm has developed the case study for the funder.
• This case study will highlight your organization and be included with the executive summary, which will be widely distributed to all CABA member contacts. It can also be distributed by the Steering Committee.
• Each group, providing a case study, can then utilize it to illustrate how they provide cybersecurity safeguards for the industry.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities or other CABA research, please contact Greg Walker, CABA Research Director.
CABA Research Director
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 613.686.1814 x227