The Connected Home and AI
CABA’s 2021 Landmark Research Project for the Smart Home Segment
RESEARCH OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
The purpose of this research is to examine various aspects of artificial intelligence in the connected home industry. The research will also develop recommendations for stakeholders on how they can best position themselves in this evolving connected home landscape.
This research will utilize both industry expert interviews and consumer surveys to examine all the major aspects of artificial intelligence in connected homes. Some of the topics that will be covered include: implementation, integration, real-time monitoring, cybersecurity and privacy, data management, use cases, a business case analysis for artificial intelligence and specific opportunities and recommendations for all key industry players. This new research will address the many challenges and opportunities that exist around artificial intelligence. It will utilize both qualitative (in-depth interviews) and quantitative (consumer or industry questionnaires) methods to provide actionable data relevant to the state of the market, key industry players business opportunities, technical barriers and opportunities, future market direction, issues, use cases, and industry recommendations.
The research is expected to cover—but is not limited to—the following topics:
- Platforms and virtual agents (Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri, etc.)
- In-depth use case analysis (home office, online education, telemedicine).
- Role in home entertainment.
- Voice recognition and smart speakers.
- Predictive analytics and maintenance to reduce truck rolls and human interaction.
- Proactive healthcare management.
- Barriers towards adoption.
- Data management, ownership, cybersecurity, and privacy.
- Business analysis and value proposition for each stakeholder group.
- Ethical and legal implications as well as government intervention.
- Energy savings and generation (demand response, renewables, battery storage, utilities, etc.).
- Cross-device usage of smart speakers and other smart home devices.
- Post-COVID opportunities (air filtration, UV lighting, sensors, etc.).
The research firm that will conduct this research will be selected through a competitive RFP process now underway.
Access to full, completed research is only available to participating funding organizations. The image above shows the logos of the current participating sponsors, all of them CABA members.
Funders of the project may participate at one of the levels below, and will receive the benefits associated with the level of contribution. Special discounts apply during this unprecedented year.
Titanium Funder (1K):
• Name and logo will be placed on the front page of the research report, slide deck, media releases, and marketing material.
• Following the four (4) month embargo period the full research can be purchased at a $1K discount.
• Executive summary report (not the full research).
Bronze Funder – $5K:
• All benefits associated with the Titanium Funder level.
• Opportunity to participate in the final webinar with all the funders which will highlight the findings of the research in detail.
• Ability to ask the questions to the research analysts.
• The raw data from the research.
• Final report, executive summary and presentations.
Silver Funder – $10K:
• All benefits associated with the Bronze Funder level.
• Will be on the Steering Committee and allowed to: define the research scope and methodology, provide feedback and input regarding the direction of the study, and participate in Steering Committee webinars.
• Will have a special one (1) hour webinar specifically for your organization. Anyone from your organization can attend and receive a detailed overview of the research findings that relate to your organization.
• Will receive bonus research reports that the vendor may provide.
Gold Funder – $15K:
• All benefits associated with the Silver Funder level.
• Will receive a case study within the research to highlight the work your organization has been doing in the area. The case study would typically be supplied by the funder, but in some instances research firms have developed case studies on the funder’s behalf.
• The case study will be included with the executive summary, which will be distributed to all CABA member contacts.
CABA seeks partners to conduct this important work. For more information on this opportunity, please contact Greg Walker, Senior Director, Research Operations.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 613.686.1814 x227